Lucía Molares Pérez - Director
In April 2003, the TECNOALCALÁ Scientific-Technological Park was set up, hand in hand with Madrid Regional Government (Comunidad de Madrid), with the objective of stimulating the economy of the “Corredor del Henares”. The management of TECNOALCALÁ corresponds to the entity MADRID ACTIVA S.A.U.
Its main mission is to create a space where the priority is to support innovation and the transfer of technology and knowledge, offering quality plots of land for the installation of innovative companies. The Park is developed on a 370,705 m2 plot, located on the campus of the University of Alcalá (UAH). Created to facilitate both, the innovative process of such companies and to help with the technology and knowledge transfer from the University. It also constitutes a key issue which allows the strengthening of relations between the academic and business world. The park includes companies from different sectors, the most representative being Information and communication technologies, Sanitary and Industrial Sectors.At the present time the Park has more than 40 companies.
Infraestructures and Spaces
The Park includes a recently created a business hub with 9 offices for technology-based startups equipped with the necessary facilities for the creation, development and management of companies. The business hub has common spaces: meeting rooms, multipurpose classrooms and training rooms available for all hosted companies.
Nowadays, the Scientific-Technological Park “TECNOALCALÁ” has 7,100 m2 of industrial land available for the installation and hosting of technology-based companies.
Support Services to park entities
TECNOALCALÁ managing entity, offers the following valuable services:
- Maintaining formal and operational relationships with universities, research centers, and other higher education institutions.
- Giving support to the academic training and growth of knowledge-based companies and other organizations with high added value.
- Support from a stable management body that promotes technology transfer and fosters innovation among companies and organizations that use the Park.
- Carrying out communication and promotion activities for installed companies.
- Helping in finding finance for innovational projects.