1. APTE members evolution:
The Association of Scientific and Technological Parks of Spain (APTE) currently has 59 members (50 Full members, 1 Affiliate, 7 Collaborators and 1 Honour member).
Of these 59 members, the 50 Full members are operative.
In the next graph we show the evolution of APTE members from 1994.
Next are their statistics at the end of 2021.
2. Companies and institutions evolution:
At the end of 2021, the number of companies and institutions located in the science and technology parks of APTE were of 8,145, with a growth of 2,2%.
This graph shows the main sectors of the companies located in the Parks:
- Aeronautics and Automotive: 2,14 %
- Training and Human Resources: 3,69 %
- Information, Computing and Telecommunications: 26,94 %
- Medicine and Health: 8,14 %
- Agriculture and Feeding and Biotechnology: 4,45 %
- Electronics: 1,56%
- Industrial: 6,37%
- Engineering, Consultancy and Advising: 23,10 %
- Energy and Environment: 3,52 %
- Centres of companies: 0,81 %
- Technology centres and R&D: 2,94 %
The sector that agglutinates to the greater number of companies is Information, Computer science and Telecommunications with a 26,94%.
3. Employment evolution:
The volume of employment reached 189,039 workers at the end of 2021, a growth of 2.5% compared to 2020.
4. Turnover evolution:
The turnover of companies in the parks has increased from EUR 27,244 million at the end of 2020 to EUR 28,004 million at the end of 2021. There has been a decrease of 2.8%.
5. R&D employment evolution
The following graph shows the evolution of the number of people who works in activities of Investigation and Development (R&D) in the science and technology parks members of APTE.
During 2021 they were 38.223 the number of workers in R&D. 20% of total employment in the parks is in R&D.
6. Investment in R&D in the APTE's parks:
During 2021, science and technology parks have invested 1,284,70 million euros in R&D activities, which represents an increase of 3,4% with respect to 2020.