Parc UPC - Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya - BarcelonaTech
Cristina Areste - Park Manager
The Parc UPC is an innovation ecosystem with a high concentration of knowledge and technology, aimed at promoting and facilitating knowledge transfer and the creation, growth and innovation of EBTs.
The park currently houses more than 150 enti-ties and companies from numerous sectors and cross-cutting areas of knowledge and technology.
Infraestructures and Spaces
The Parc UPC has 6 territorial poles distributed throughout the Catalan territory, with spaces for companies, technology and research centres and university-company projects in each of these poles, next to the schools of the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya. Each of these enclaves has its own specific infrastructure, forming a global UPC Park that has adequate spaces for each type of company and activity:
- Pre-incubation spaces.
- Incubation spaces.
- Post-incubation spaces.
- Field Spaces.
- Plots of land.
- Tech-test spaces and environments.
In addition, all the scientific-technological infrastructures and equipment of the university are made available to the users of the Parc UPC.
Support Services to park entities
- Business development services.
- Promotion of research and innovation in connection with the needs of the socioeconomic environment.
- Strengthening cooperation between the different members of the research and innovation system.
- Support the creation of technology-based firms, support the growth and consolidation, and promotion of entrepreneurship.
- Facilitating the achievement of public and private financing.
- Protection of intellectual and industrial property.
- Development of R & D by university research groups or joint research units.
- Employment practices and final projects of students of schools, and dissertations.