Centro de Desarrollo Tecnológico de la Universidad de Cantabria (CDTUC)
Park: Centro de Desarrollo Tecnológico de la Universidad de Cantabria (CDTUC)
Member type: Full member
Address: E.T.S. De Ingenieros de Caminos, C. Y P. Planta 3ª - Módulo 10-A. Avenida de los Castros, 44. 39005 Santander
Autonomous community: Cantabria
Phone: 942 200 905
Fax: 942 202034
Luigi dell´Olio - Managing Director
The Technological Development Centre of the University of Cantabria (CDTUC) is located on the campus of the University of Cantabria and was built in 1999. It has a space of 6,500 m2 for the development of R&D initiatives, many of them arising from the university’s research environment.
It currently has a total of 25 companies, mostly from the ICT and engineering fields, 4 R&D support entities and 2 research groups from different areas of knowledge of the University of Cantabria.
Infraestructures and Spaces
The CDTUC offers rental workspaces, with a wide variety of sizes, for companies and researching groups, all of which are equipped with the following elements:
- Voice and data access ports.
- Central heating.
- Standard furniture (laboratory type). In the event that it does not respond to the needs of users it can be withdrawn.
- Card control access.
- Meeting room.
- Incubator with spaces of 40 m2.
- Videoconference room.
- Santander International Entrepreneurship Center (CISE).
- Regional Automotive Initiatives Group (GIRA).
- Materials Characterization Service (SERCAMAT).
- Leonardo Torres Quevedo Foundation (entity for the CDTUC´s management).
Support Services to park entities
The CDTUC offers the following complementary services that aim to help entrepreneurs and companies:
- Supporting the business project development at every stages, offering special guidance to start-ups (technological incubator available).
- Information on calls and sources of funding.
- Dissemination activities and possibility of participation in programs and activities leads by both national and international entrepreneurship and technology transfer networks, (CDTUC is already a member).
- Collaboration agreements with UC researching groups.